Thursday 24 May 2012

Country goes Retro, goes Country again.!!

Hi folks, it's been a couple of weeks since I sat down and made the time to post another thought provoking addition to my blog. Here's to seeing if it will or won't be thought provoking ha ha.

My main reason for not making the time is that I still own the farm I come from or at least part of it. The farm as a whole is share farmed. All the seasonal work is done by my uncle and one of his sons. However maintenance to the property itself is still my responsibility. So I have been home working on fixing fences for over a week. It was great to get back to see how the farm and home is coming along. And it was refreshing to see that not much has changed.

One reason I think that will always draw me back home is that I respect the country for what it is. Out there is where our food comes from. These thoughts keep me grounded, rather than being swept away in city life. The ease of finding what you need, and the short distances to going to where you work or shop. It's so very easy to get lazy here, even if you're working a nine to five. Going back to the country reminds me that I should never forget the work I had to do, or that is still being done. Now its not like I have forgotten, but by not being there for a while you can start to numb yourself to what it all really means.

And while being home working, something else happened. I realised just why I could never have done any of my investing while trying to run a farm. In only a few short weeks the Euro crap, and yes I say crap for that is what it is, has risen to the fore once again. Scare mongering is all it is at this point. But in that time it has seen markets fall all over the globe. Rest assured people, there are those in these last few weeks who would have been buying stocks and bonds and gold and silver by large amounts. Namely, some of those who have been causing the saturation of the media with the new worries of the Euro. It makes me sick, and almost makes me want to leave this markets business to those who would have it fall in a heap to just see themselves well off, while screwing everyone else over. Time will tell what really has been going on, either it will go back to how it was, or it will really fall. As yet who knows, but if it does it will be more to do with the extra attention it has all been given rather than the real effects of anything to do with the Euro. You can never make money in shares by striking out with a feeling. Many will have lost and only a few will have gained just like usual. Want to be smart, buy in these times where everyone else runs for the hills. Do this and you will be rich in no time. But is that the ethical way to do things.? This is what I am pondering at the moment.

Fundamentally nothing has changed at all. Fundamentals seldom do change. It's more the masses that hold the money and their sentiment that changes. As I see it nothing has changed at all. We're still doing just the same as we were a few weeks ago, so I have not changed one thing to the holdings I have. I believe sooner or later when everyone decides it was a smoke screen and come back into the market with force it might be time to look for the sales to be made to them. For those of you out there who invest I believe if you have investments in strong companies then hold everything as it is and maybe even extend your holdings, while everyone else is selling back into cash.

Cash might be king, but not just yet.!!

No comments:

Post a Comment